Friday, July 29, 2011

Karen's X Stitch Sweater Set Pattern



Here is my pattern for using the X stitch in a baby sweater. If you find any mistakes, please let me know.

KAREN'S X STITCH SWEATER & HAT SET PATTERN
Size: Newborn
Yarn: Premier Yarn Big Ball or Lions Brand Pound of Love
Hook: G
Beginning at neck line, ch 54.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 2, turn. (53 sc)

Row 2: Skip first sc, 2 dc in next st, * sk 1 st, 2 dc in next st; repeat from * across, ending with 1 dc in last st, ch 2 turn. (26 v-st’s)

Row 3: * Dc, ch 1, dc between 2 dc of previous row, repeat from * across, ending with dc in ch 2 space at end of row. Ch 2 turn. (26 v-st’s with ch 1)

Row 4: *3 dc in next ch 1 space, repeat from * across, ending with dc in ch 2 space at end of row. Ch 2, turn. (26 groups of 3 dc’s)

Row 5: *2 dc between first and second dc of previous row of 3 dc, 2 dc between second and third dc of same group, repeat from * across, ending with dc in ch 2 sp at end of row. Ch 2 turn.

Row 6: Skip 2 sts, *2 dc in 2nd dc of previous row, 2 dc in 3rd dc of previous row, skip 2 sts; repeat from * across, ending with dc in ch 2 space at end of row. Ch 2, turn.

Row 7: (arm section) Skip 2 sts, (2 dc in each of next 2 sts, skip 2 sts) 4 times, ch 4, skip 5 groups of twin sts from previous row, skip 1 st, (2 dc in each of next 2 sts, sk 2 sts) 8 times, ch 4, skip 5 groups of twin sts from previous row, skip 1 st, (2 dc in each of next 2 sts, skip 2 sts) to end of row, ending with dc in ch 2 space at end of row. Ch 2, turn.
Row 8: Dc in each stitch across including the chain 4's. Dc in the ch 2 space at end of row. Ch 2, turn.
Row 9: Skip 1 st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st, *skip 1 st, dc in skipped st.* Repeat from * across. Skip last st at end of row, dc in the ch 2 space, ch 2 and turn.
Row 10: Skip 2 sts and dc in next st, dc in 2nd skipped st, (the one next to your 1st dc you just made), continue making your x stitches across (dc in next st, dc in skipped st) ending with a dc in your chain 2. Ch 2 and turn.
Rows 11 -17: Repeat row 10.
At the ned of row 17, do not end off but continue with edging. Ch 1 and turn, sc in each stitch across bottom, putting 2 or 3 sc int he corner, turn and place 2 sc in each end of row up side front of sweater, again putting 2 or 3 sc in the corner, place one sc in each st across neckline, adding 2 or 3 sc in the corner, turn and place 2 sc in each end of row down side front of sweater, join to beginning sc and end off.
Sleeves:
Row 1: Attach yarn in the middle under arm, ch 3, evenly space 33 dc around, sl st i top of chain 3.
Row 2: Ch 2, skip 1 dc, *dc in next st, dc in skipped st*, repeat from * around, sl st in top of first ch 2.
Rows 3 - 8: Repeat row 2.
Row 9: Ch 1, sc in same st. Sc in next 2 sts, sc next 2 stitches together, *sc in next 3 sts, sc next 2 sts together*. Repeat from * around. Join with a sl st in top of 1st sc.
Row 10: Ch 1, sc in same st, sc in next st, sc next 2 stitches together, *sc in next 2 sts, sc next 2 sts together.* Repeat from * around. Join with a sl st in top of 1st sc.
Row 11: Ch 1, sc in same st and continue sc in every stitch around. Finish off and tie in any loose ends.
Repeat for 2nd sleeve.
Tie: Chain 135 sts. Weave chain through row 2 of sweater.
NOTE: I have also done this sweater simply doing dc's in every st and every row on the sleeves, sc decreasing on rows 9 and 10 and sc around on row 11.
HAT:
Row 1: Ch 4, slip st together., ch 2, 16 dc in center of ring( ch 2 dose not count as 1st dc.) Join to first dc.(16 dc) Ch 2, turn.
Row 2: 2d c in same st as ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around, sl st to 1st dc, ch 2 turn. (32 dc)
Row 3: Dc in same st of ch 2, 2 dc in next st, *dc in next st, 2 dc in next st, * Repeat from * around. sl st to first dc. (48 dc) Ch 2.
Row 4: Ch 2, sk 1 st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st (same st as ch 2) *skip one st, dc in skipped st* Repeat from * around. Sl st to top of ch 2.
Rows 5 - 9: Ch 2, sk 1 st, dc in next st, dc in skipped st, *skip one st, dc in skipped st.* Repeat from * around. Sl st to top of ch 2.
Rows 10 - 11: Ch 1 and sc in top of your ch 2. Sc around. Finish off and tie in any loose ends.

22 comments:

  1. Love this sweater Karen Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only spot I found a little bit confusing was:

    Row 9 said at the beginning to >> sk 1 st, dc in next << Row 10 then says >> sk 2 st and dc in next<<

    So the problem is that your X stitch rows will offset. So if you count the ch 2 and the stitch it rises above as you first stitch, don't count that and then sk 1 for both Rows 9&10. OR after you chain 2 start counting the first stitch and sk 2 for both Rows 9&10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your pattern! I finished my little sweater yesterday, I'm so happy with how it turned out, truly lovely! :) Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Karen, thank you so much for this pattern! I will want to do it for charity! Dani

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have this pattern in any other sizes. I would love to make one for my granddaughter she's wearing almost 24 months

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have patterns for your other sweaters?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely pattern great size wise thanks so much making a babies set for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing your pretty sweater pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm having a hard time understanding row 7 (starting the sleeve). By my count there would need to be 90+ stitches. Clearly I'm wrong. Clarification please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this pattern. I am fairy new to Crochet and love it. I made mine with a bulky yarn and 6mm hook and it made a size 26" chest. I have a question. How do I enlarge this for an adult? I am worried about the depth of the sleeves. Thank you again. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  12. This pattern is coming out HUGE for me. I’m using an H hook with worsted yarn. Anyone else have this issue? I’m on row 4 and it looks like the yoke for a toddler sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  13. karen I can not understand row 7 of x stitch baby sweater. For 2 days I have tried to do row 7 and ripped it out over and over again. Please help. Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this sweater, make it all the time. My problem is the newborn size is small for my newborn neice. How can I make it larger? change the hook size???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Making another! I have made several over the past few years. I would love to be able to make in larger sizes. Beautiful, quick sweater! Thank you for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. the first time I saw this sweater, it seduced me, but when I read your profile description made me think that you are the kind of person everybody wants as a friend... thank you for the narrative of your life... I am 69 years old, and truly admire the style of living do your husband and you! from Guatemala, I send you all my respects!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A GREAT THANKS TO DR.WEALTHY FOR CURING ME FROM GENITAL HERPES I AM SO HAPPY TO GIVE THIS TESTIMONY ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM THIS SICKNESS HERE IS DR WHO CAN HELP
    I can’t believe my genital herpes is really cured, oh is by this time last year I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday of my life am very happy now that am really cured I couldn’t have do this on my own I wish is not God that help me with my helper I was searching the internet about this sickness last 3month when I found about great doctor wealthy, the man that keep his words I write the man email about my problem immediately I get a reply from him asking me to fill a form which I immediately did and send back to him after some mins he reply me that he have work on my cure that I need to provide some materials, which can enable him to work on my cure which I did on the next day of it, after some hours he inform me that he have getting the things needed for the cure and he is about to go on with the curing spell he called me again after 50mins that he is done with the cure that I should check my body and also go for test I cant believe I was negative a big thanks to him am very happy now with my family you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contacting him through his email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or whatapp +2348105150446 follow his instagram @wealthylovespell1 He also have a herbal cure for 7 other DISEASES;
    1.HIV
    2.SHINGLES
    3.VIRAL HEPATITIS
    4.INFLUENZA
    5.IMPOTENCE,
    6.BARENESS/INFERTILITY,
    7.ANTHRAX
    8 HPV
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony…Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do you need a solution for male infertility like: AZOOSPERMIA, LOW SPERM COUNT, WEAK ERECTION, and PREMATURE EJACULATION? Look no further! Dr. Uduehi has the cure/remedy to any type of male infertility. It’s been 4 months since he cured me of azoospermia and my spouse is currently pregnant for me. I was diagnosed of Non‐obstructive azoospermia (NOA), which people believes it’s impossible to be cured or treated. But with Dr Uduehi’s medication, I got cured. I am expecting a baby anytime soon and I was introduced to the doctor by someone whom he treated of low sperm count. So, I deemed it fit to share my experience with the doctor to the general public and to give hope to those who don’t know who to meet for their problems. The doctor’s contact: (uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com) (+2347084878384)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The treatment/cure for AZOOSPERMIA (zero sperm count), LOW SPERM COUNT, WEEK ERECTION, WATERY SPERM, PREMATURE EJACULATION is here; contact Dr. Uduehi now for a permanent solution/cure. I was once a victim and I got treated/cured by this doctor, and now am blessed with kids. Contact: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com phone/WhatsaPP; +2347084878384

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to share a testimony, how i was cured from Herpes by DR AGUGU with his herbal remedy. I don't know where to start, I'm 33 years old and i was diagnoses of genital herpes diseases for 5 years. i lost all hope in life but on like any other i still searched for a cure even on the internet and i saw a comment were a lady testify how she was cured by Dr AGUGU i could not believe it at first, i contacted him, He sent me his herbal remedy i used it for 2 weeks and the Herpes virus was cured completely. I went for medical check and the result was negative from Herpes.
    For those who have the same problem, or any STD should contact Dr AGUGU via email: agugusolutionhome@gmail.com you can also call or WhatsApp +2349123794867

    ReplyDelete